KA227 – Strategic Partnerships for school education
Title «Culture heritage and Gamification in Education»
Culture heritage and Gamification in Education
Gaming in Education and Cultural Heritage
This ambitious program in which EDRASE participates, attempts to connect the objects of Cultural Heritage and Game strategy with education. It aims to use an application that supports digital skills and at the same time serves education and culture.
- Develop skills for teachers and students through creativity and the arts.
- Innovative practices in a digital age.
- Highlighting the social and educational value of Europe’s cultural heritage Creativity and Culture Digital Skills.
It will be the first time that “gamification” has been linked to the teaching of school subjects in secondary education. It is expected to succeed in activating students’ interest through a playful way of learning based on pedagogical principles and learning theories. The application will follow the design that corresponds to the games and its main feature will be the reward every time a user completes a goal earning a reward.
This technique will greatly encourage the user, as it covers his / her inner need to recognize his / her effort, thus increasing his / her commitment to an educational game that will provide useful information to the user and at the same time will be a fun educational experience for the students.
The target groups are students, teachers of formal/non-formal education, young people, adults, cultural and tourist institutions. The main language will be English, throughout the application environment. However, it will be possible to change the language to another.
The main objectives of the application are:
- Creating a useful and fun tool for students and young people to get in touch with elements of their cultural heritage.
- Enhancing the attractiveness of educating young people in heritage sites.
- The realization that the monuments of our countries are an element of the common European cultural heritage and identity
- Enhancing respect for the preservation of their cultural heritage and developing recognition and respect for the cultural heritage of other peoples.
- Department of Philology, Democritus University of Thrace, Komotini Greece
- NGO I.CO.N (Inclusion in COmmuNity), Rhodes Greece (applicant organization)
- School, Geniko Lykeio Iasmou, Rodopi, Greece
- SME V.E.M. SRLs, Pellaro Calabria, Italy
- Istituto Istruzione Superiore “P. Mazzone” school, Roccella, Calabria, Italy
- NGO Associació Meraki Projectes de València, Valencia, Spain
- IES El Sobradillo School, Sobradillo, Tenerife, Spain
- NGO Edrase Ηalki Island, Greece