organized by the NGO «connected elephant”, in 2-8/6/2015, Antwerp, Belgium.
30 participants were supported in exploring their own identity. By doing so, they gained a greater appreciation of their full potential. They tried to inspired them to be more active in realizing this potential. Ultimately the aim was for the participants to be in a position to transfer their learning outcomes to their work with young people and to enable them to support.
Unlocking Your Potential is a 7 days training course for youth workers about empowerment of young people using self-exploration as a tool.
This training is aimed at youth workers, youth leaders and volunteers working in a non-formal learning settings, with young people that are experiencing social exclusion. We will support our participants to explore their own Identity and by doing so, they will gain a greater appreciation of their full potential.
Unlocking Your Potential is an unique opportunity for you:
• To become more aware of yourself and be enabled to make conscious choices and decisions that fit with your goals in life.
• To look at how you as individual can rely on your own resources.
• To look how you can rely on powerless, inconvenient feelings and deal constructively with them.
• To understand how your behavior is influenced by our perception of ourselves, and by how others see us.
• To provide you with some tools to support young people through a similar process.
The main aim of this TC is to enable participants to support the young people they work within their identity process and to plan their personal pathway in life. We will do this by bringing participants themselves on a journey of self-discovery. We invite participants who are open to experiencing this personal journey and who are in a position to apply their learning to their work with young people after the training course.
This non-formal education training course will be characterized by highly participatory, interactive and experiential methods. The working methods will include case studies, working in pairs and small groups, team building activities, discussions. The participants will share experiences and knowledge with each other. This process with a self-directed learning approach will be facilitated by the trainers.