EDRASE’s goals are:
- The promotion and dissemination of science, the broader humanities and culture in the scientific community, educators at all levels and in society at large, through activities such as adult education, vocational training and teacher training, collaboration with Greek and European Education and training institutions, etc. Also, events and all forms of educational activities that contribute to the training of its members. To achieve its objectives, the association can act on all relevant transactions, such as (including but not limited to mention):Production of educational material as complete packages or individual Learning CD, DVD, books, experiment manuals, brochures and business exercises etc.
- Organization of local, national and international seminars and thematic lectures, workshops and conferences with speakers from Greece and abroad.
- Training sessions, teachers at all levels and trainers and other staff of educational institutions, in laboratory techniques, laboratory exercises and research methods to issues in science.
- Staff training on the applications of research results in terms of the disciplines of life sciences and the Natural sciences.
- Seminars in-service training for teachers of the European Union, within the framework of European programs such as: Lifelong Learning Programs.
- Contributing to the dissemination and popularization of knowledge, aimed at raising awareness and career guidance.
- Promotion of interdisciplinary treatment issues.
- Participation in European Union Partnershipswithin the framework ofLifelong Learning Programsin issuesrelating to adult education, life sciences, natural sciencesand Humanities.
- Cooperation with other education providers (universities, institutes, organizations, associations, foundations, etc.) on issues related to Life Sciences, positive and Humanities.
- Adults exchanges of trainers and trainees as part of National, European and International partnerships.
- In broadening scientific thought, the Association may undertake supportive and advisory role to anyone public or private entity to request and participate in Quality Assurance procedures.
- Promoting and strengthening the presence of Life Sciences and Science Education and Society, the Association will undertake studies and investigations on its own initiative or following a mandate from the competent bodies.
- Maintain website and use any other means of production, processing and dissemination of knowledge, such as for example the distance learning.
- Promote dissemination of association activities through the issuance and distribution of printed and / or electronic journals and other media such as brochures, conference proceedings in print and / or electronic form, etc.
- Implementation program for research, action and information about education, in collaboration with other institutions from Greece and abroad.
- Organizing events to promote educational and cultural issues (conferences, lectures, training seminars, workshops etc.)
Organize regular scientific meetings, acting as a modern “Science café”.
All these actions can be implemented either in person or in distance.